*This is a collaborative post – walking holiday
I’ve always loved walking. I’m not a runner by any means, but walking that’s a different matter. As a family, we love to go on walks most weekends. There is much to explore here in Cornwall. We live around the corner from the woods, which you can walk around for a few hours taking in the natural beauty spots. So I thought I’d write about why walking is good for you and reasons to go on a walking holiday.
Benefits of walking
Walking is about the only free exercise you can get. It costs nothing and it’s easily fitted into a daily routine. 30 minutes of brisk walking every day has many benefits.
Physical Health Benefits:
- Reduced risk of heart disease and stroke
- Increased cardiovascular and pulmonary fitness
- Stronger bones and improved balance
- Helps to manage diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and helps with bone and joint stiffness and conditions such as arthritis.
- Helps to lose weight
- Helps with fitness levels
- Studies have shown that walking regularly can help to slow down aging.
Mental Health Benefits:
- Walking can help to reduce anxiety and depression
- It can help to boost self-esteem and reduce symptoms of social withdrawal
Another benefit to walking is that it can clear your head to help you think more clearly and creatively. Walking for me helps me to think up new ideas and get my creative juices flowing!
Reasons to go on a walking holiday
So if we combine the benefits of walking which we’ve discussed, with the reasons to go on a walking holiday, you get these 5 reasons.
- Feel closer to nature – Walking holidays for the family, are the ideal chance for everyone to get closer to nature. Be out in the fresh air, roaming the forests, the hills and feel the nature all around you.
- Get a sense of achievement – When you’ve completed a long walk, the feel of completion is great for the mind. As well as the health benefits for you.
- Learning the history – Wherever you decide to walk, there is history to be learned. We love to walk around the old mining buildings and engine house where I grew up. There is so much history to find out while taking in the sights around you.
- For social activity – Going on a walking holiday with friends is a great way to catch up. You may even meet new friends that are like-minded.
- Experience different cultures – Walking in a different country will open up your eyes to new sights and smells around you. You will be exposed to different languages, foods and traditions.
Well here are a few of the reasons why a walking holiday is good for you, your family and friends, I’m sure you will have many other reasons.
Don’t forget, walking can feed your mind, create ideas and let you dream.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you’ve enjoyed this post.