I like to think that now I’m a second-time mum I’m a dab act at protecting baby’s skin from nappy rash. My first only had nappy rash once the whole time she was in nappies. This time, my poor baby Dottie gets a bad nappy rash every time she has a horrendous teething bout. When she was around 4 months old and cutting her first tooth it was so bad she did bleed at one point. Her skin is really sensitive.
Getting the chance to work with Bepanthen over the last couple of weeks has helped to give me a piece of mind that I’m being proactive in helping protect her soft skin from the causes of nappy rash. In this post, I’m going to share with you how we incorporate Bepanthen into our routine and keep it close to hand. Plus some facts about nappy rash.
Bepanthen is designed to help to care for your baby’s delicate skin and protect it from the causes of nappy rash.
Incorporating Bepanthen into our routine
Bepanthen is kind to the skin and helps sensitive skin to repair its natural protective barrier while keeping it soft, smooth and moisturised, it’s safe to use daily. Now, little Dottie is 11 months old her nappy doesn’t need changing as often as a newborn. Those days are behind me now! But her little bottom still needs protecting at every change. I keep the smaller handy sized tube in my change bag ready for the out and about trips, and a larger tube at home with the change mat. It’s great for using after baths in the evenings before bed. My mind is at ease knowing she is comfortable for 12 hours. She only wakes around once a night now! Yippee!!!
Handy Facts about nappy rash and Bepanthen:
- A newborn baby’s skin is 40% thinner and also softer than adults, which makes it more sensitive to irritants, like those in wee and poo which can cause a nappy rash when in contact with the skin. This is made worse by a tight nappy which both rubs and stops the air circulating.
- Bepanthen has a kind-to-skin formulation: No fragrances; No
colours; No preservatives; No parabens; No antiseptics)
- Contains Provitamin B5 to help skin to repair its natural protective barrier
- Bepanthen is clinically proven: It forms a transparent, breathable layer, helping to protect your baby’s skin from the irritants and rubbing that can cause nappy rash
- Nappy rash affects 1 in 3 babies at some point, so protecting your baby’s bottom from getting red makes perfect sense, instead of waiting for your little one to suffer from a sore bottom.
- During the first 12 months, nappy rash is especially common as stools are more frequent. Nappy rash can cause discomfort to the little one. With nappy rash baby may cry when washed or touched and wake during the night due to discomfort, meaning sleepless nights all round!
- Bepanthen is so gentle it can be used straight from birth, including with premature babies and as often as required.
- The most common cause of nappy rash is a combination of soiled nappies and friction. Nappy rash is also more likely to occur if your baby is premature, unwell, recovering from vaccination, weaning, suffering from diarrhoea, or prone to hereditary eczema.
Learn more about how to protect baby’s sensitive skin on https://www.bepanthen.co.uk/.
What’s your tip for protecting baby’s skin against the causes of nappy rash?
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed this post.
You can find my baby posts here.