**This post may contain affiliate links.
Second time around I’ve learnt a few things. Don’t just pack sleepsuits for 0-3 months otherwise your baby will look like she’s wearing a sack! In fact last time I didn’t even buy new baby clothes they were all 0-3 months. She did grow into them though. I’ve invested in sleepsuits from Next which have the turn over cuffs for baby hands. Much better than having separate little scratch mitts which I kept losing.
Here are my hospital bag lists for mum and baby:
Hospital Bag List For Baby
- 2 x packs of Water Wipes
- 22 pack of size 1 nappies (Freebie from the Emma’s Diary bag)
- 2 x size up to 1 month vests
- 2 x size 0-3 month vests
- 2 x size up to 1 month sleep suits
- 2 x size 0-3 month sleep suits
- Going home outfit for baby and outside all in one bear suit.
- Hat and scratch mitts
- 2 x blankets
- 3 x muslin cloths
- Baby comforter toy and teddy
Hospital Bag List For Mum
- Maternity Pads
- Breast Pads
- 4 x Big Pants
- Chocolate and snacks (for dad and after having baby)
- Phone charger
- 2 x Loose fitting trousers ( I got a couple of flowery pairs from Primark for £3 each)
- 3 x Stretchy vest tops ( Matalan do long vests for £4 each)
- Nursing bra
- Hair brush and toiletries
Pin for later:
Personalised Muslin Cloths
The lovely people at Able Labels have kindly sent me over the muslin cloths for my hospital bag and they are personalised for the new baby as well!
(I have covered up the full name due to not everyone knowing in my family what she is going to be called)
The personalised muslin cloths arrived wrapped in tissue paper with a bow around them. The embroidered name we have chosen for our daughter is in big letters in a gorgeous font. We chose it to be in pink. But you can choose from a variety of colours.
The 3 pack of personalised muslin cloths are made from 100% cotton and very soft to the touch. They are around 72cm x 72cm square so a decent size for use around the home or out with the baby.
They will make a wonderful baby shower gift and at only £12.00 it’s not going to break for the bank for a quality gift.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed this post and found it helpful.