**This post may contain affiliate links.
As you know I’m always up for trying out new products and this past weekend we have been trying out these great bamboo disposable nappies, (or diapers if you prefer!) from a wonderful little family orientated company called Andy Pandy based in the US. They specialise in eco-friendly baby products. They are on sale in the UK at the moment so accessible to everyone.
Features of the Andy Pandy Bamboo Disposable Nappies
- Made from Bamboo, a renewable and sustainable source.
- Bamboo is very soft and silky to the touch.
- Naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial making it ideal for babies with sensitive skin.
- Moisture wicking and thermal regulating capabilities that keep your baby’s skin dry and comfortable in hot or cold temperatures.
- Natural aloe liner to nourish your baby’s skin and a wetness indicator that lets you know when baby needs to be changed – I’ve missed this on the larger size nappies that we normally use!
- Does not contain Chlorine. No Alcohol or Preservatives. No Phthalates. No Latex, PVC, TBT, or Antioxidants.
- Soft elastic waistband to ensure a comfortable fit
- Flexible side panels which are needed for very active babies like baby girl!
The nappies come in 4 sizes:
- S 6-16 lbs
- M 13-22 lbs
- L 20-31 lbs
- XL 26 lbs + – These are the ones that we got sent to try out with baby girl.
What We Thought
My first impression was that I was fairly surprised at how heavy the XL pack of nappies was, is this a sign of high quality? We delved in and opened the pack to find out!
Opening up the first nappy I pulled out of the pack I was happy that there was no smell to the nappy at all, this shows that no chemicals are used. The bamboo makes the nappy extremely soft and giving you that silky feel to the touch.
The side sticker tabs are good, held on for a few hours while we out and the nappy did get quite puffy but it locked in all the moisture which is fantastic. I did find that after a short time the yellow indicator did change colour, but now that baby girl is older I don’t change her nappy quite as regular, especially at night when she will practically sleep through the whole night. The indicator is very useful for newborns and making sure you protect that delicate skin.
I think the nappies are a tad on the small size for the size range and I would like to see a fun picture or pattern on the nappies, they do look fairly clinical being plain white.
As we are nearing the end of our nappy journey I wish I found these excellent nappies sooner! When baby no.2 comes along I will be definitely using silky soft bamboo nappies. I honestly can’t express how wonderful they are. Worth every penny and more, plus you will be doing your bit for the environment!
I’m giving Andy Pandy Bamboo Disposable Nappies 4.5 out of 5.
Andy Pandy bamboo disposable nappies are available from Amazon
*We were gifted these nappies in exchange for this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links