Now baby girl is a toddler, yes she is walking, falling, toddling about, I thought it was about time I looked into travel tips for toddlers. These can be tips for travelling an hour to see family and friends or even travelling abroad on holiday.
Last year we travelled up country – from Cornwall to Derbyshire to see family. It was pretty hard going with an exclusively breastfed 5 month old but we did it. So is it easier travelling with a toddler?
Hopefully, it will be if you bear in mind my essential top tips for travelling with toddlers.
- Take your time – Plan ahead and don’t rush. Make sure you leave extra time for travelling for unscheduled stops, so you don’t get stressed out. Plan for a slower pace, and if you are staying away don’t try to cram too much in on one day.
- Pack lots of snacks – Have lots of healthy snacks to hand – low in sugar. If your toddler is anything like mine they will be looking for something every couple of hours!
- Baby Wipes – Useful for any and every situation. Keep them close to hand for wiping up and cleaning hands. I’m sure they will work a treat for you on flights where there are limited facilities.
- Comforter/Favourite Toy – Do not forget your toddlers comforter or favourite toy at all costs. Most children want their favourite toy to cuddle up and sleep with, its familiar for them and help them relax. If you can pack a small pillow to help if you are flying.
- Spare clothes – Always a good idea to pack spare clothes for your toddler in your carry on luggage for accidents if you are flying and in your changing bag if travelling by car.
- Accommodation – Before you head off, thoroughly research where you will be staying. Is the hotel or villa child-friendly? Tots to Travel have various family-friendly holidays available.
- Travel Gear – Make sure to invest in some great baby travel accessories. Baby travel items that are worth investing in, include a great comfy baby carrier, a backpack diaper bag, and a compact and lightweight baby stroller. Depending on your destination, you might also like to purchase a portable high chair, a travel car seat as well as a lightweight compact travel crib.
I hope these tips will make travelling with toddlers much easier for all so you can all relax and have fun. Oh, and don’t forget packing a Versapak cash bag just in case you need to pack valuables.
What are you top tips on travelling with toddlers? As always I love to read your thoughts.
Thanks for stopping by.
*This is a collaborative post