The Easter holidays are nearly upon us now. Then of course after that, you have the May Bank holidays and half term before you know it the long Summer holidays are here! That may be wishful thinking but coming out of Winter which has been a cold one – thanks to the Beast from the East. It may just be a good time for getting your car ready for the Spring holidays.
5 tips for getting your car ready for travelling this Spring.
- Wash away the road salt and grit – With such icy cold and snowy weather we have had recently the council gritters have been out in force. Gritting major routes once or twice a day. This rock salt can corrosive to the car and cause rust. To prevent this from happening to your car you need to get out and wash your car thoroughly. Car shampoo is fine for getting the grime off. Don’t forget the underneath of the car where it can get trapped. A power washer is good for getting to those hard to reach places.
- Check your tyres – After the Winter it’s always a good idea to check your tyres for wear and tare. You want them to wear evenly to prevent having to buy new tyres early than expected. Plus if you have had Winter tyres on it’s a good idea to get your local garage to check over your normal tyres before putting them on. If you head over to a money saving website you can make great savings at the garage on all sorts of things. Like the obligatory MOT, services, exhausts, and tyres. Well worth checking out before you head away on your holidays for peace of mind.
- Oil change – It’s always a good idea to get your oil changed regularly. It will help to protect the engine and keep it in tune. It may save you money down the line.
- Check your emergency kit is up to date – It’s a good idea to check your emergency kit is up to date and not missing anything, also check your first aid kit and make sure it’s all in date. Check you have all the correct documents available in the glove box for travelling.
- Check your fluid levels – After the Winter I’m sure your screen wash levels are pretty low after washing all the salt grime off the windscreen. So it’s a good idea to top up and check all your coolant levels especially if the weather is going to be hot.
Pin for later:
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope this post will help you and your families have a safe trip travelling this holiday.
You can check out my car maintenance post here.
*This is a collaborative post.