**This post may contain affiliate links.
I love to try out new snacks and foods. So when we were sent a selection of Crazy Jacks organic foods to try out I knew exactly what I was going to do with them.
It’s Mr B’s birthday this week and his favourite type of cake is fruit cake, so that’s what I’m going to bake for his birthday.
Crazy Jacks is a dedicated organic and natural producer of many different products including grains, fruits, nuts & seeds, herbs & spices as well as pulses. It’s one of the brands under Community Foods who have been around for over 40 years. Community Foods also have the Jumble Bee brand. These are mainly healthy snack foods such as trail mixes, banana chips and dried tropical fruits.
I’m loving the terrific trail mix form Jumble bee. It’s handy to keep in my handbag for munching on when I have my pregnancy cravings!
They are all available to buy from most supermarkets and all good independent health food stores.
Easy Fruit Cake Recipe
This fruit cake recipe is simple to make in 5 easy steps and perfect if you only have the basics in your cupboard
- 225g of mixed fruit – I used half Crazy Jacks sultanas and half currents
- Small handful of finely chopped Crazy Jacks dried apricots
- Small handful of crushed Crazy Jacks hazelnuts
- 110g of soft brown sugar
- 110g of margarine
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 150ml of water
- 225g of self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- Combine the fruit, dried apricots, hazelnuts, sugar, margarine, mixed spice and water in a saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/Gas 5 and line a 6 inch cake tin with baking paper.
- Stir in the sieved flour and egg to the cooled mixture and pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 50-60 minutes or until your skewer comes out clean.
The finished cake!
Pin for later:
If you would like to save this recipe, why not Pin it!
*Thanks to Fuel PR and Crazy Jacks for the products.
I hope have enjoyed this post today and find the recipe useful. You can always check out my other fruit cake recipe as well just here.
Thanks for stopping by.