I have a 2 year old and a 11 week old. Two children. An even number. Would I consider having a third child? What are the pros and cons of having a third child? I’m the second of four. My mum had us three girls before having a boy. As you can see I’m from a family of six and wouldn’t have changed it for the world. I was great fun growing up in a large family. We obviously were not The Duggars thats crazy!
But would having just one more baby enrich our lives further?
Here are the pros and cons of having a third child
- I love babies and breastfeeding. It’s hard to think this could be the last time experiencing this.
- They say the 3rd child just fits straight in. Apparently it’s harder going from 1 to 2 children.
- Look at the bigger picture – Having a house full of children and going on adventures, the baby/toddler phase soon ends.
- The kids having close bonds with their siblings and always someone to play with.
- We have a 3 bed house so where would the third child sleep?
- Not possible to fit 3 car seats in my smallish car.
- Dividing my time between three of them.
- Argh the newborn stage again?
- Sleepless nights all over.
- Could my body take a 3rd pregnancy? After my first c-section they left me with really bad scarring, severe loss of blood and scar tissue. Plus they made the incision really far up to get baby girl out asap. It could be classed as medical negligence due to errors made in surgery, that prevents me having more children.
- Affordability – having another means I will have to give up my day job. But could we afford to drop my wage?
By going through our pros and cons we have decided 2 children is the right number for us. We are finished having children and our family is complete. I am now sorting out the 0-3 month old baby clothes ready to sell as we won’t be needing them anymore.
Pin for later:
What do you think about having a third child?
Thanks for stopping by today.
*This is a collaborative post.