I’m at work for 6am some mornings and the last thing I want to do at this time of year is spend precious time scraping the ice and snow from the windscreen. The solution? A carport of course!
Getting up at 4:30am is a bit of a drag at this time of year. It’s cold, dark and plain miserable. It’s no wonder January is known to be the most depressing month of the year. I suppose the good thing is that I leave work at 3pm. So by making the getting to work part easier I’m all for it.
We have a new build house that comes with one space, but like most families we have two cars. I would love to have a carport that covers both of our cars like this double carport. Imagine how nice that would be in the Cornish Winter weather to actually get your shopping out of the car without being drowned by the rain?
I have come up with a list of why having a carport is an advantage.
- Protection from the elements for your car – no frozen windscreens or frozen car door locks. No getting wet while taking the kids and shopping out of the car, or helping an elderly or disabled person from the car.
- Protection against burglars – if your car is under a carport close to the house, burglars and vandals are less likely to damage your car as its near by.
- Home Value – a carport may not add value to your home but it could be a decider to someone knowing that there is space for your car off the street and protected from the weather if you were selling your home.
- Extra Space – the space under a carport can be used for various activities. Including storage, space for doing jobs undercover if you don’t have a workshop, and also for keeping caravans, motorcycles etc.
- Energy Efficient – with a carport you have no need for the extra electricity that may come with a garage, like electric doors and lighting. Therefore saving you money.
Carports come in many styles and are made of various materials, designed to fit in with your style. They can be freestanding or mounted onto the side of your home. Made with materials such as aluminium, wood or steel. There is a design for everyone.
Have you considered having a carport installed? As always I love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks for stopping by.
*This is a collaborative post