A couple of months back KidloLand asked me to review their fun nursery rhyme app for young children. You can find my review here: KidloLand App Review Now they have put together a fun free printable colouring book. It’s a great money saving idea for keeping young children occupied and has many benefits which I’ve listed below.
If you click on the link below you can print off the 12 page colouring book for kids. Colouring is great fun!
Benefits of colouring for children.
- Concentration – Colouring helps children concentrate. As they grow older a child’s concentration develops and lasts longer. Colouring can help this.
- Motor Development – Colouring requires a child to hold a crayon or pencil in which they learn to grip with their fingers.
- Hand & Eye Coordination – Colouring is an excellent activity to help develop hand and eye coordination. It takes time for a child to learn to stay between the lines but once achieved they gain a sense of pride and achievement and also confidence.
- Colour Recognition – Colouring is great for learning new colours and colour awareness.
- Creativity – Children can learn to be creative with colouring in. Colour patterns, deciding what colours to use and where all gets their minds thinking.
Colouring is not only for children. The latest craze is adult colouring. While I was pregnant I found it to be very relaxing and calming. I haven’t had the time since baby girl arrived to do any. One day I will get my colouring book and pencils out and do some.
Adult colouring is the perfect de-stresser. It’s therapeutic, stimulates calmness, and gives you a kind of focus.
Do you like to colour? Have you ever done colouring activities with your children? What sort of designs do you like to see in colouring books?