**This post may contain affiliate links.
As a busy working mum I’m always looking for balanced, healthy tasty midweek meals to add to our meal plan each week. One of those meals is one of my favourite dishes – Spaghetti Bolognese. Dolmio gave us the challenge to cook up a crowd pleasing Bolognese as part of their #ThankGoodness campaign. Dolmio Bolognese sauce contains no artificial colours, flavours, preservatives or sweeteners.
They sent us a fantastic Tesco home delivery with lots of goodies as shown below ↓
Here is how we got on.
I love to batch cook. It saves me precious time and is a great money-saver. So with the glorious ingredients supplied I made an enormous pot of Bolognese that would last us a few meals.
To make a HUGE pot of Bolognese sauce:
- 500g of mince beef
- 2 jars of 500g Dolmio Bolognese sauce
- 625g of closed cup mushrooms
- 2 green peppers
- 2 courgettes
- 1kg of onions
- a squeeze of tomato puree
- a squeeze of garlic puree
It really is a simple method!
- Brown the mince
- add the chopped onions
- once onions are softened, add chopped mushrooms, peppers and I like to add the courgette shaved in strips
- pop the lid on and let the mushrooms and courgette cook down
- next add both jars of Dolmio Bolognese sauce and stir in
- lastly add the squeezes of tomato and garlic puree and let it all simmer while you cook the spaghetti.
The finished meal!
Top the Bolognese with parmesan gratings and add garlic bread for the side.
If you batch cook the Bolognese, like I did at the weekend. During the week it’s quick to warm through and cook the spaghetti when you get home.
With any left over bolognese I usually top it on jacket potatoes for a warming comforting meal, for us all. This meal is one of our family favourites and get the thumbs up from my husband!