We always love a simple and quick meal for a Saturday night. I always start work at 5:30am on a Saturday in my day job so by the time its the evening I’m shattered. We always enjoy an easy fun meal in front of the TV on a Saturday whether that be homemade burgers, or we go for a Mexican theme with Tacos.
I’m a farmers daughter so I’ve grown up around beef cattle all my life. I thought nothing of seeing our beef cattle in the field one week and a few weeks later eating it for Sunday roast. It is just the way it was. Beef has always been a part of my diet and I’m passing it onto my girls as part of a varied and balanced diet.
As a Cornish girl pasties are in my heart, but since my dad passed away last year I haven’t been able to bring myself to make them again just yet. A Pasty was my dad’s favourite meal, he was an expert on them. So for the #MeatMatters challenge set by Britmums, I’m going to use mince beef to make tacos instead of using skirt to make a pasty. Which was my second idea I was going to share with you. That will be a future post I’m
One of my favourite types of meat is mince beef. It’s extremely versatile and I’ve always got it on the fridge or freezer. You can make many different meals with it. From lasagne, meat balls, burgers, tacos, bolognese, to a mince beef hotpot, meatloaf, moussaka and a beef hash.
- Beef is naturally rich in protein
- Beef is a source of iron which helps reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Beef provides eight essential vitamins and minerals* that support good health and well-being
(*Niacin, vitamins B6 and B12, riboflavin, plus iron, zinc, potassium
Easy Tacos Recipe
To make 8 tacos you will need:
- 8 tortilla bowls/wraps
- 125g cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tomatoes
- 125g iceberg lettuce works best
- chilli powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, oregano, and red pepper flakes – for the mince seasoning
- Brown the mince over a medium heat
- Add the seasoning mix and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Heat up the taco tortilla bowls/wraps in the oven
- Add the seasoned mince to the warm taco bowls
- Add the salsa as much as desired
- Top with iceberg lettuce, chopped tomatoes and cheese
We love this taco recipe, it’s cheap and easy to make, great for when friends come over as well. By using a lean mince you can make it a healthy meal for the whole family.
How do you enjoy beef? As always I love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed my Saturday Night Tacos recipe.
*This post is an entry for the #MeatMatters Challenge, sponsored by Simply Beef and Lamb. Learn more about the benefits of cooking and eating beef and lamb along with recipe ideas and inspiration here