**This post may contain affiliate links.
Everyday baby girl is learning so much about books, she has now started to use her finger and pointing along as we read. She will also pick up a picture book at random times and I can see her concentrating as she’s looking through it.
When we were asked to have a browse through The Book People’s website and choose a book from their “Hand -picked Picture Book Selection” I thought about getting her some fun rhyming books. The hand-picked selection has many books to choose from. You have the likes of the Julia Donaldson picture book collection as well as old favourite MOG. In fact there is something for everyone’s tastes.
The It’s Time to Rhyme! Collection comes in a gorgeous bag to keep your books in. In fact if you have a curious 2 year old like I do they will be infatuated with the bag itself. Keeping busy taking the books in and out the bag.
This collection is made up of 10 picture books, the titles included are:
- The Dragon and the Nibblesome Knight – Elli Woollard & Benji Davies
- The Skipping-Rope Snake – Carol Ann Duffy & Lydia Monks
- The Giant of Jum – Elli Woollard & Benji Davies
- Wake Up Do, Lydia Lou! – Julia Donaldson & Karen George
- Charlie Cooks Favourite Book – Julia Donaldson & Axel Scheffler
- Recipe for a Story – Ella Burfoot
- Rich Witch Poor Witch – Peter Bently & Jim Field
- The Shark in the Dark – Peter Bently & Ben Cort
- Tyrannosaurus Drip – Julia Donaldson & David Roberts
- Polly Parrot Picks a Pirate – Peter Bently & Penny Dann
Wake Up Do Lydia Lou seems to be a hit with baby girl. In fact all of the books in this collection are well-chosen, great illustrations and make reading time very much fun. I’m sure we will be going back through all the books time and time again. Rhyming picture books are great fun. For both adult and child. I must admit I got my words muddled up a few times while reading aloud to her!
The idea of these rhyming books are to excite and inspire children to love reading from their early years. Recommended for years 3+ but baby girl has just turned 2 years old and is fully engaged in the pictures, stories and rhymes.
The It’s Time to Rhyme! Collection is £10.99 over at The Book People which is a bargain seeing that it’s RRP is £67.90
Does your little one have a favourite picture book?
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed our post.
*We received this book bag collection in exchange for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.