On a hot summer day, nothing can give you a pleasant experience than biting a big juicy wedge of watermelon. It replenishes the fluid deficiency that your body loses on a sweltering day. The vitamin and potassium-rich properties work as icing on the cake to reduce calories, adding more fiber to your body. This amazing fruit is not only good for the skin, for your body as well. Therefore, whether you are eating it raw or applying ingredients made with watermelons, all have immense benefits for healthy skin and life. Just keep reading this write-up to know-how:
Watermelon: As Natural Toner
Skin toner helps in removing dust and dirt from the skin. Therefore, the risk of acne and blemishes also gets reduced. Watermelon has skin hydrating and refreshing properties by cleaning and clears your skin. Here we have, how you can use watermelon as a toner:
- Take a watermelon juice in a bowl and add some honey. Then with the help of cotton balls apply watermelon juice in upward directions of your face. Let it for some time to dry.
- You can also make a watermelon toner with orange juice. Mix both juices in a bowl and apply them to your face. You can apply this toner on the face, neck, arms, and legs. Try to use this toner on your face daily, even if you can keep it for 5 days, but not more than that.
- If you have acne or blemished skin, make watermelon juice ice cubes. Rub one on your face to get a freshen up the look.
Once you have done with cleaning, apply moisturizer on your face with a gentle massage. It will give you a soothing experience.
Natural Way to Say Bye-Bye Age Marks
Watermelon has anti-aging properties such as lycopene and is rich in Vitamin A and C. Natural antioxidants are a great remedy to reduce the occurrence of fine lines, age spots, and wrinkles. You can either consume watermelon directly or make a paste for healthy skin. Here we have some ways to create a paste on your own.
- You can add watermelon with avocado. Mix them well and apply on the face for 15 to 20 minutes. A combination of these fruits will show you amazing results. Remember, to clean the face with warm water.
- Apply watermelon pulp to your face and rub on your skin.
A Step Ahead With Glowing Skin
Watermelon’s astonishing properties make it a regular choice for healthy skin lovers. Consuming a watermelon also flushes out toxins from the body and fiber helps in improving immunity. You can also use a lip-kit made with natural ingredients for naturally looking lip shade. Here we have some other great ways of using watermelon:
- Apply gently watermelon pulp on the face and neck for a minimum of 15-20 minutes and then clean with warm water.
- If you have oily skin add yogurt with watermelon pulp and blend them to make a smooth paste.
- If you have a sunburn, cucumber could be the best option.
- For the dry skin, add banana or yogurt in a watermelon pulp. And make a smooth paste.
If you want to make a pack with other flavour add your favorite fruit ingredients.
Watermelon: Keep Skin Hydrated
Watermelon is a good option if you want to keep your skin hydrated and youthful. For this, you just need to add one ingredient to your watermelon pack i.e honey. A combination of honey and watermelon is a healthy remedy for dry and dull skin. Apply this pack for 15 minutes on your face and give a smooth massage with a soft hand before removing.
Watermelon: for Pedicure
Pedicure helps in enhancing your feet’s beauty. After a pedicure, your feet not only look good but also you will feel relief from the stress of tiring days. Therefore, do not forget to add half a cup of watermelon juice, one-fourth cup of yogurt, and one teaspoon of almonds. These must be applied in a circular motion and helps in removing dead skin. Pedicure also helps in improving circular form blood circulation.
Effects on Open Skin Pores
Watermelon is enriched in vitamin A that helps in reducing the skin pores and controlling oil. To create a watermelon pack for oily skin, take watermelon juice and mint leaves. Blend them together and put them in the freezer. Rub ice cubes daily on your skin to clean pores and remove oil.
Watermelon is a healthy fruit in summers for growing skin. It must be added in everyday diet either in the form of direct consumption or application through masks. Moreover, you can also reduce weight, keeping your digestive system healthy.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you’ve enjoyed this post.