*AD-Gifted: We were gifted a selection of Toys for British Science Week in exchange for this post.
You know from my post the other day how much of a science-loving family we are. So It was highly exciting to review a couple of amazing toys to continue with our British Science Week toy celebration.
Primary Science® Lab Set £28.00
First up the educational science toys, we looked at was this Primary Science Lab Set. You can really get hands-on with this science kit for young children aged 3 – 7 years. It’s made from robust chunky plastic and looks like the real deal! Included are large easy to read wipe-clean cards with experiments on.
The lab set is a 22 piece set. It contains:
- Lab style glasses (please note they don’t provide protection)
- Magnifying glass
- 2 small test tubes with lids
- 1 large test tube with lid
- 2 test tube stands
- 10 activity cards
It’s a brilliant set that introduces chemistry through play with the test tubes. I’m a fan of the large magnifying glass included, that has a stand so it can be used standing up on the table.
The fun experiments included in the cards use simple things from around the home. But they can also be used in a classroom lab.
We had great fun trying out the floating experiment with cereal. It’s a fantastic way to include playtime with learning.
The lab set introduces kids to scientific concepts including common science vocabulary, observation, cause-and-effect, and basic science lab safety.
You can find more science toys here over at Learning Resources.
GeoSafari® Jr. Kidnoculars® Extreme £22.50
Magnify your world with these awesome 3x no-focus binoculars and amplify the nature around you with a built-in microphone. It’s a fantastic feature, that brings so much more to the experience for a child.
The bright colours and functional nature of the GeoSafari Jr products encourage children to get outside and explore the world around them. We love them, and can’t wait to take them out on our walks around Cornwall.
- Child-friendly binoculars promote STEM-based scientific observation of nature, animals and more!
- All-in-one binoculars feature:
- Focus free vision
- Easy-to-see 3 x magnification
- Built-in audio amplification – no need for headphones
- Breakaway strap for safety
- Audio amplification will encourage children to use both sight and sound to explore their world.
- Colourful, lightweight and durable, these all-in-one binoculars are perfectly sized for young explorers
- Measures 9cm H x 19cm W x 18cm D
- Kidnoculars Extreme requires 2 AAA batteries (not included)
- Suitable for age 5-9 years
We have loved checking out these for our British Science Week Toy blog post. When the weather gets a little warmer here in Cornwall we will be heading out exploring the world around us to see what we can find.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you’ve enjoyed this post.