- Build nursery furniture – wardrobe, chest of drawers, cot and prepare changing area.
- Wash, sort, fold and put away baby clothes and blankets. This is a good way of organising what you have and what you still need to get
- Plan where your baby is going to sleep by night for the first few months. We had to move around our room slightly to get the crib on my side of the bed. I want the baby in our room for the first few months.
- Due to living in a three storey house we have set up two changing areas – one upstairs and one the middle floor to stop the up and down the stairs all day long.
- Decide whether you are going to breast feed or bottle feed. If you were to bottle feed you need to buy the appropriate bottles and sterilisers. I want to breast feed my little one, so she will get all the nurtients she needs and it’s more cost effective!
- Get your car seat ready and make sure you know how to install it into the car. Don’t forget to pop it in the car when you head to the hospital as they won’t let you take your baby home without it.