*This is a collaborative post on men’s clothing trends S/S 2020
I know what you are thinking, it’s only just turned Winter, but fashion is a fast-moving industry and we are already thinking ahead to the men’s fashion clothing trends S/S 2020.
As we enter a new decade 2020, the older more rigid suit styles of the bankers and lawyers are fast disappearing. Enter the romantics, sustainable sensualists who wear free-flowing styles, softer colours, patterns, and flat ballet type shoes. On the catwalks, this Autumn looking ahead to next Spring there was a distinct lack of rugged jeans, trainers and shirts. Maybe the idea of what we know of the old school “masculinity” is changing. Men are not afraid to show some skin or wear some colour. But of course, men’s business suits from Suitsmen would always find a place in the corporate world.
From crossbody bags and open-necked shirts to tie-dye, here are the men’s fashion trends you can expect to see in 2020.
Clothing trends S/S 2020
- Sheer Tops – Honestly think Strictly sheer tops to show off those abs. Perfect for a night out teamed with a relaxed suit.
- Crossbody bags – The time of having everything crammed into those pockets is waning. Crossbody bags for men are the latest trend, but they need to wear them high up on the waist, not like women who wear them lower down on the hips.
- Tie-dye – It’s back, not a trend I was keen on back in the ’90s but this time it’s back as a major player in the S/S 2020 collections.
- Satin – Sleek shirts and harem pants, macs, blazers and more. Satin in bright and pastel shades.
- ’70s style flares – skinny tops with wide flares at the ankle are perfectly on-trend. Team them with a slim-fitting shirt for the full-on ’70s vibe or make it casual with an oversized t-shirt and hoodies.
- Tropical shirts – The wilder the pattern the better.
- Short shorts or over the knee long baggy shorts – great the hot Summer days.
Other styles include biker jackets, tank tops, open-necked shirts, double denim and lots of pockets!
Patterns and other fabrics include leopard print, paint splatter, stripes, patchwork prints, and transparent fabrics.
What do you think of the men’s fashion style trends for Spring/Summer 2020? Is there anything there you think no way??
As always I love to read your comments. Thanks for stopping by today.