**This post may contain affiliate links.
I’m really excited to be able to attend #BlogOnToys on the 16th in Manchester. It’s my first blog conference and the chance to meet other like-minded people who are into their blogging as much as I am. It will be fantastic to meet everyone face to face.
Here is my entry to introduce myself. I’m quite shy so please come over and say hello. I’m bringing the baby with me so I’m sure she will be a good conversation starter!
This Is Me….
- Share a photograph
Here is a recent photo of the two of us.
- What is the best thing about blogging?
The best thing about blogging, well for me it gives the freedom of working from home with my baby and toddler in tow! We have had opportunities that we could not have afforded ourselves. The best online friends who are just as forgetful and nutty as me!
Being a part of a blog community who look out for one another. We may not have met face to face but we care for one another and always help each other. The BlogOn community helped me out back in April when I lost my dad 3 days before I had to go in for my planned c-section. It was the toughest time of my life and to receive a care package of baby essentials to my door was the most wonderful thoughtful thing that could have happened to me at a really difficult time.
I’m very excited to attend #BlogOnToys and give a little back to the community fund.
- What was your dream job when you were growing up?
I wanted to be a forensic scientist due to my love of solving mysteries and crimes.
- What is your lucky number?
8 – I was born on the 8th so was my first daughter. Plus 8 is a lucky number in China and means luck and/or money. I’ve also won a few times in my lottery syndicate at my day job with number 8.
- What is your favourite season?
Autumn. Hot chocolates, leaves and warm jumpers.
- If you had to choose one what would your favourite dish from the Chinese be?
I only eat a chicken chow mein. In fact before I met my husband I hated it. Then of course he took me on a first date to his favourite chinese restaurant!!
- What is your useless talent?
Umm, I don’t think I have one. Unless knowing all the words to the Fireman Sam theme tune oh and Becca’s Bunch counts
- If you could keep any animal as a pet what would you choose?
I keep chickens, they are my favourite pet and I’ve always kept them from a young child.
- Which one meal would you eat forever? (If you had to choose one!)
Lasagne with chips and sweetcorn.
- What is the last thing you check before you lock your front door?
Is that before you head out? Well that for me is to make sure the TV is off.
- If you won £50,000 what would be the first thing you would buy?
A new laptop, then a conservatory/extension.
- What is your favourite social media channel?
I’ve always had a love of Twitter. I joined it before any other social media channel back in April 2009. It’s easy to navigate and doesn’t have a load of selfies clogging up the feed. You can dip in and out of conversations.
- Tell us more about your best ever holiday
We went to Canada for 2 weeks back in 2010. My sister lives in Canada so we stayed with her. We went to Niagara Falls, a huge forest in the middle of nowhere, ate lots of Ice cream at Dairy Queen.
- Name one cake you rock at baking
A Victoria sponge. It was my dad’s favourite and I always made it for him.
- Which session are you most looking forward to?
Definitely the Understanding the toy industry and where you fit in their marketing plans sessions. As my toddler is getting older, I’m taking on more toy reviews and would love to learn more about this industry.
- What is your favourite book ever?
Stephen King’s The Stand. I try to read it every 2-3 years.
- Which special event is your favourite?
Christmas. I love the whole build up to Christmas. I make my Christmas cake in October so from then on it’s the festive season for me! Plus this year I get to start it all earlier with #BlogOnToys!
- If the internet vanished right now how would you share your message or life story without a blog?
By writing a series of journals.
Thanks for stopping by today, I can’t wait to meet everyone at #BlogOnToys