We have all heard of beauty and massage spas. In fact, I’ve listed here the best spa breaks in Cornwall. But have you heard of a medspa? Well if you haven’t a medspa it’s a combination of a day spa and an aesthetic medical centre. So you can get nonsurgical aesthetic treatments there. Unlike a day spa, a medspa must be run by a medical doctor, with nurses and aestheticians in attendance.
Med Spa Treatments
You can get various treatments at a medspa like the Dallas Med Spa in Texas including:
- Permanent makeup applied. Such as lip blush, eyeliner, and eyebrow tints.
- Botox injections – These have become very popular for reducing wrinkles and rejuvenating an aging face.
- Facial fillers.
- Body contouring.
- Chemical peels – a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or even hands. So the chemical solution is applied to the skin it then exfoliates and eventually peels off. The new underneath skin is smoother and shows the appearance of less wrinkles than the older skin.
- Microdermabrasion procedures – This is a method of exfoliation. The skin is gently brushed with an abrasive tool. The scarred, thicker skin is worn away revealing new skin underneath.
- Tattoo removals.
- Laser hair removal – perefct for those of us who are tired of shaving and waxing. It can be performed on the face, underarms, arms, legs, back, bikini area and chest. Laser hair removal is great for minimising hair growth, it destroys the hair follicles but does not damage the tissue around it.
These treatments are the most popular at a medspa. You will find that most medspas specialise in certain areas. Do your research and find the right medspa for you! I’m sure you will come out feeling very refreshed!
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have found this post useful.