Baby girl has a new obsession with butterflies and bugs. Down the lane near where we live their are wide overgrown hedges which host an abundant of wildlife. I think it’s been an amazing Summer for butterflies and bees in our garden. We live close by to a watergarden as well, so we have seen a few dragonflies flying across the garden. They are so pretty. I really need to get some bug and insect cream in the cupboard ready for our adventures!
This weekend we have taken the opportunity to get out and have a look at what bugs we can find. The weather yesterday was a bit wet and muggy. So the waders and wellies came out! Anthisan were kind enough to send us a Nature Exploring Kit and the Ultimate Bugopedia. A fantastic book I may add!
Nature Explorer Kit
The bug friendly nature explorer set contained:
- 2 in 1 lamp and torch – This is baby girl’s new favourite toy. She loves to wave it around making patterns and shadows on dark surfaces. Also uses it to look inside the chicken coop!
- A bug jar with a magnifying lid – we wasn’t able to catch any bugs but used this jar to look closely at some big leaves we found.
- Magnifying glass – I was showing baby girl how to look closely as flowers through this. Her answer “oh so pretty!”
- Mesh net – This she loved walking around looking for butterflies and fairies!
Anthisan – Bite and Sting, Bug and Insect Cream
It’s good to have something like Anthisan in your cupboard for times when you happen to get stung or bitten by bugs. Here is a little bit about it:
- It can provide symptomatic relief of skin irritation caused by insect stings, insect bites and nettle stings and has been used for over 50 years. Much better than trying to find a Dock leaf for your nettle sting!
- Easy to use.
- Anthisan cream ingredients – contains the active ingredient Mepyramine Maleate (2%), a topical antihistamine which stops the histamine affecting your body’s cells by blocking receptor sites in your nerve endings.
- Helps to reduce pain, swelling and skin irritation.
- Available from leading pharmacies, Amazon and supermarkets.
- Suitable for the whole family including children from two years.
- Always read the label.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed this post.
*We received this nature exploring kit in exchange for this post. This post contains affiliate links.