You know me I love to write about many different topics, so when a special older lady in my life asked for my advice on fashion tips for ladies of her age, I thought yes I can give it a go. Maybe even write a post about it to help others. As I’m sure there are others out there looking for fashion tips to help with their body positivity. Tips that are different from the generic older lady tag and are for all different shapes and sizes.
A few weeks back I came up with my style trends for Spring/Summer 2017, so this post is the next step on from that.
Fashion changes very quickly as you may know, but it seems fashion for the older woman is static. I have come up with the following tips to help change that.
Top 5 Style Tips for the Older Woman
- Don’t stick to neutral colours, that seems to be the norm, liven up your wardrobe with bright colours and patterns. Bold prints are great for the chic, but classic look.
- Denim doesn’t have to be for the young, it’s timeless and a great pair of fitted jeans can do wonders for your body positivity and confidence. Why not team it with flats, a white shirt and blazer? A timeless and classy look achieved with minimal fuss. The things to keep an eye out when choosing jeans – Dark wash, Tummy Slimming Panel, Elastic Waist and Stretch.
- Wear clothes that suit your body type, make sure they are not too tight, or over-size and floaty if you are plus-size. Wearing clothes that are over-size and bag like will make you seem much bigger than you really are – so not flattering!
- For the Summer, lightweight cropped trousers are ideal for going on holiday, like the ones you can get from Chums
- Don’t go for plunging necklines or short dresses, remember less skin is more. Don’t fall for the mutton dressed as lamb scenario. Why not go for slightly longer hemmed skirts that fall just below the knee? Elegant yet timeless.
So I have come up with 5 items to have in your wardrobe that can be your starting point to a timeless wardrobe.
Top 5 items to have in your Wardrobe for the Older Woman
- Dark wash stretch Jeans
- Black dress
- Tunic top
I hope these style tips for the older woman have helped you today. Do you have any ideas for your wardrobe that I have missed?
As always I love to read your thoughts.
Thanks for stopping by.
*This is a collaborated post