To celebrate Father’s Day coming up on the 19th June I am writing this post dedicated to my dad and my driving experiences with him.
Anyway my dad got lots of best driving badges which he say’s makes him a better driver on the roads today. Driving a lorry gave him much more road experiences. Especially when it comes to spatial awareness. Driving lorries down country lanes makes you so much more aware of what is around you.
When I’m out in the car with dad his judgement is excellent. He is really good at negotiating when trying to get past parked cars or finding that space you don’t think exists!
Driving with my dad is fun.
He always gives a running commentary. Especially when we are pottering around our local area. He likes to tell me things like when he was a boy our local hospital was just a large green field. Or this road used to be a horse and cart road and over there used to be a farm that I used to pick up milk from.
I love these times together.
One thing that my dad is very serious about is tyre safety. He always checks my husband’s tyres on his car when we go round there as he does a lot of miles for work. Its a running joke now!
I have to agree with him. Tyre safety is so important nowadays and I know when you are driving your kids around you want to be in a car that’s safe and roadworthy.
If you are looking to replace your tyres why not try Point-S. They sell top branded tyres at the best prices online through their booking system, and get them delivered to your nearest fitting centre.
*This is a collborated post
Somehow everyone forgets to tell the ‘newbie’!
Oh and not forgetting you must not sit in ‘Barry’s’ seat at all costs. Not if you don’t want to be given the worst tasks for the day and that look of annoyance that will make you cringe into the floor.
Who hates Monday’s?
I think we all get ‘that’ Monday feeling starting on a Sunday night.
The thought of having to get up and head off to work knowing it’s 5 whole days of this until the weekend.
I know I used to rather go to work any day but Monday’s. There is something about Monday’s that gives you that feeling of dread and despair.
My husband and I call it ‘that dreaded Monday feeling’
Don’t we all want that feeling when you turn up to that lush comfy chair where you can start your morning jobs its like feeling at home? Especially if you do work at home! If you want that kind of fantastic chair, look over at Furniture@Work which I’m sure you would be able to find the one for your office. Whether it’s your home office or workplace station.
You can find a free ebook here on A guide to office happiness
*This is a collaborative post
- 5 single use packs of Sugru in 5 different colours.
- A great little storage tin.
- A little booklet full of project ideas and how-to guides.
|Image from Sugru.com|
* I received this product in exchange for an honest review.
|Image courtesy of Coconut Lane|
|Image courtesy of Coconut Lane|
- I will host regular giveaways in collaboration with Coconut Lane – Who doesn’t love to win stuff!
- I will write up reviews on some of their lovely products showing you what you can buy for yourself and how they will bring inspiration and happiness to yourself and home.
- Best part of all! – I can offer you a fantastic 20% discount off all Coconut Lane products when you reach the checkout with my special unique code rachelbustin20
* I am a part of the Coocnut Lane Affiliate scheme so if you use my unique code I receive a little bit back which helps to run my blog – Thanks if you do xx