I set up my blog 10 months ago and have found it really hard to get ‘my blog out there’ if you know what I mean. So to make a start on my 7 Hints and Tips Thursday series for the new year I have decided to do some research and come up with my own simple hints and tips to help promote my blog in the vast spaces of the World Wide Web. These are the hints and tips I want to share with you all.
- Posts- Write high quality posts that will engage your readers. I have found the more I write the better a writer I have become. Don’t forget to reply to any comments on your posts – it’s polite to do so.
- Promote Others Content-Find similar blogs/websites to your own and retweet/comment on it. Connect with influential bloggers, you may find them retweeting one of your posts to their many thousands of followers.
- Daily Action Plans- Use tools like Buffer and Hootsuite to schedule your post tweets throughout the day. I schedule 10 tweets throughout the day, mainly that day’s post and a few of my other recent posts.
- Join Other Blog Linkies- One of my favourite parts of blogging is to link up to other blog linkies. It’s how I have discovered some of my favourite blogs. I try to link up with at least 3 a week.
- Share Posts on Social Media- After each post is published I like to share them on lots of social media sites such as Twitter, my Facebook page, Instagram, Google + Pinterest. Twitter and Instagram are my favourites and where I get the most interaction. The others I need to work on!
- Social Media Buttons- I recommend including social media buttons that are easily accessible to the reader. These are very quick for the reader to share your posts or to follow you building your audience. This is one of my plans for my blog – to add social media buttons to one easy place.
- Run Competitions- I found out last year that running competitions are great ways to build up your blog views. There are lots of compers out there that will add your competition to sites such as The Prize Finder and Competition Database where lots more readers can find your blog. If you run regular competitions you will get the same readers returning time after time.
I hope some of these simple hints and tips you will find useful and apply to your own blogs. I would love to hear some of your favourite tips for promoting your own blogs. Also if anyone has any ideas that I could use to improve my blog, they would be most welcome.
Thank you for sharing