**This post may contain affiliate links.
I was so excited to have the chance to review the new Super King size Zen Guru mattress that I haven’t stopped going on about it since! My achy and tired bones deserve a good nights sleep. Same goes for my husband, with his bad shoulder, neck and back.
We have had a basic coil sprung memory foam topper mattress for a few years, and have been thinking for a while about getting a new mattress so receiving the Zen Guru to try out was a stroke of luck.
Before I let you know how we got on with the unboxing and the trying out of the mattress, I want to tell you a little bit about the Zen Guru.
The Zen Guru
- It comes in Double, King or Super King Size.
- The Zen Guru is made in-house at the Memory Foam Warehouse – I love this, no middle man involved so they are able to keep the prices down for us.
- A comfortable and supportive mattress – They got that right!
- The Zen Guru’s ultra-soft upholstered and quilted cover is easily removed and cleaned to keep the mattress smelling fresh time after time – a fantastic idea, especially for the hot Summer nights when you get hot and sweaty and need to somehow clean the mattress. A very well thought out idea, I must say!
- Each mattress comes signed, (vacuum) sealed and delivered, I’m yours!! Very true! In a box as well! – See the photo below for the mattress in a box. I was completely staggered how they got the mattress in a box – a huge super king nonetheless, but all will be revealed soon… yes keep on reading
- The Zen Guru comes delivered with a sleeping pack to help you drift off to sleep. It includes: an eye mask, sleep balm and pillow mist all encased in a drawstring bag – Love this cute idea of a sleeping package. The Zen Guru really wants you to have the best night’s sleep experience possible doesn’t it?
Here are the important spec’s of the Zen Guru:
- Modern, elegant removable zipped cover
- Deep 5cm 4th generation HD memory foam layer
- 5cm HD open cell Revo foam layer ensures increased airflow and provides just the right amount of bounce
- 15cm high resilience base layer, provides just the right amount of support to ensure an optimal night’s sleep
- Extra deep luxury mattress depth of 25cm
- Advanced open cell foam structure
- Luxuriously soft and responsive memory foam supported by a high-resilience under layer for the perfect level of comfort, no compromise (medium firmness rating)
- Signed, sealed and delivered straight to your door in a compact and easy to move box (520 x 520 x 1000mm)
- Reassurance of a 10 year warranty
- 100 night trial
- Masterfully crafted in Britain combining the latest mattress technology with sublime comfort
My husband gratefully pulled the mattress up 2 flights of stairs to our bedroom. The super king size is very heavy and it does say it takes two to move on the side of the box, but he found it doable because of the way it was carefully boxed.
I had prepared our wood frame bed ready for the Zen Guru. That’s nother good thing about the Guru is that it can be used on frame beds and divans.
We got the mattress in the box – still finding it hard to believe the mattress is in the box, at the end of our bed, and cut the plastic ties. The box opened up….
….to reveal a mattress packed up like a swiss roll! I can’t describe it any other way!
We rolled the Guru onto the bed frame.
It’s packaged in a fabric material that you cut open with the little cutter safety knife that came in the sleep pack.
On the box it described the mattress opens like a lily as it inflates. For us this didn’t happen. It unrolled and then we cut open the plastic. What happened next was the mattress sucked in air and made a hissing sound as it inflated to its full size. This was so cool to watch. Definitely technology from another planet!!
The Zen Guru was full size in no time. We had to leave it an hour so it could settle and the new smell disperse. I so wanted to get on it straight away!
After having a few nights sleep on the Zen Guru, it has totally changed our sleep. The memory foam adjusts to your body shape and supports every curve on your body. This in particular is helping my husbands back and neck problems. For me the mattress saps the tiredness from my body leaving me relaxed and calm. It’s unlike any other mattress I’ve ever slept on. It’s firm but soft and gentle at the same time.
Those 5am alarm wake up calls are extremely hard now. I just don’t want to get up!
I’m giving the Zen Guru 5 out of 5 stars. You guys are mattress geniuses!
I hope you have enjoyed this review of the Guru by Zen mattress, it’s been a blast reviewing such an amazing mattress full of the latest technology. I know we will sleep better now thanks to the Memory Foam Warehouse.
I want to say a huge thanks to Stef and the Memory Foam Warehouse team for arranging the delivery of this mattress for the review.
Is the Zen Guru the type of mattress you would buy for a good nights sleep?
As always I love to read your thoughts.
Thanks for stopping by today.