If you are soon to be popping the question to your fiance, there are many things to consider. It is at times like this when things often get overlooked, as we prepare for this most challenging of occasions and in order to ensure the right outcome, here are some essentials to cover when you propose marriage prior to the big day.
Image Source: Unsplash
- Make Sure You Are Both on the Same Page – The last thing you want is a negative response to the proposal, so make sure that she is also thinking of marriage. Find an excuse to bring up the subject of marriage (perhaps you can relate this to a book you recently read, or a film you saw a few weeks previously) and by discussing marriage in this context, you should get a good idea how she feels about it.
- Source the Perfect Engagement Ring – This is the most important thing of all and one should not rush into this. First you must work out your budget, which should be an amount that you can comfortably afford, then take a look at the many fine examples of diamond engagement rings that can be found at a leading online jeweller who specialises in diamond engagement and wedding rings. You can also come up with your own design. Diamonds.co.nz can help you make custom engagement rings NZ ladies will not be able to say no to.
- Plan the Proposal – This is likely to be the most important question you will ever ask, so you should plan the proposal down to the finest detail. If you are planning to surprise your partner, be very selective about who you involve in the preparations, as one slip will let the cat out of the bag. Choose your venue carefully and remember that timing is everything, so make sure that you have covered every eventuality.
It is also a good idea to look for inspiration online. There are informative articles on the best ways to propose marriage.
Image Source: Unsplash
- Plan a Celebration – It might be a full-on engagement party, or a quiet dinner for two, but it is always a good idea to prepare a small celebration to help you both relax. It can be a nerve-wracking experience to ask for a girl’s hand in marriage and a bottle of champagne on ice is the perfect way to chill out once she has said yes.
- Talk to Her Parents – It is customary to ask her parents for permission and if this is possible, you should approach them before making any plans. It is likely they will welcome the idea with open arms, yet if they do have reservations, it is important to clear these up first. Her father might be concerned about your career prospects, or they might think it is a little too soon, but whatever their reaction, it is wise to inform them of your intentions in advance.
Proposing marriage is never going to be an easy thing to do, but if you have factored in all of the above, it should make the experience much less stressful. Planning the proposal leaves little to chance and with a suitable diamond engagement ring and a well-rehearsed proposal routine, you are all set to make what will likely be the most important commitment of your life.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed this post.
You can check out my wedding posts here.
*This is a collaborative post