Since becoming a parent I have often thought about baby girl’s future. How can we create a Bright Future for our children? We have been set a challenge by Unilever called #brightFuture to discover little things as a family we can do to change the future for the better.
At the heart of the Unilever brightFuture initiative is the goal to unite communities and encourage small changes in everyday life that have a positive impact on the world.
Here are some of our little things we have changed to help make our world a better place and to shape a bright future:
- Turning the tap off when brushing teeth
- Re-using boxes and bottles/jars
- Composting fruit and veg peelings
- Turning the TV off and not leaving it on standby
- Remembering to turn off lights when leaving a room
- Meal Planning, so we don’t buy food to waste.
- Only use reusable bags