Officially Winter only started a few days ago! The 21st December as stated by the Met Office if we went by the Astronomical season, and it ends on the 19th March 2017. So now is the time to think about how to keep your energy bills low in the Winter season.
I will share with you my tips on how we help to keep our bills lower and Premier Bathrooms also have their own tips and tricks on how to keep your energy bills lower. So hopefully you will be sorted and save money this Winter!
Welcome back to 7 Hints and Tips Thursday. It’s been a while since I wrote one of these posts and today I have a really useful one for you. It’s on how you go about choosing the correct greenhouse for you.
As you know I love gardening and I have been thinking about greenhouses for a while. I have always loved to have one to grow all sorts of vegetables in it. Like Tomatoes and beans.
Hello, It’s Thursday again so here is this weeks 7 Hints and Tips post. Today I am focusing on Ways to style your Summer dress.
After having a baby 12 weeks ago I did find it hard to pose for photos as I am still carrying some baby weight. But i thought I would give it a go as Summer is just around the corner and I have some BBQ’s and family parties coming up in the Summer so I would love an alternative to the dress
I found a few weeks back.
The people at JD Williams
offered me a dress from either their maxi dress range
or just a normal summer dress from their other range. I opted for the maxi dress
I am wearing below which has a gorgeous tribal print design. The top of the dress has elasticated shirring which is perfect for new mummy’s especially if you are breastfeeding. The straps of the dress are detachable as well – an extra bonus.
Well baby girl has reached the 3 month mark and doesn’t fit her 0-3 month old clothes anymore. Now is the time to do the first clear out of newborn clothes in her wardrobe.
I do feel a bit sad about this as some pieces are so cute. I have been making up a Keepsake box as I go along keeping some items that hold special memories for us. I’ve kept her first baby gro and hat that she wore in the hospital. The first item of clothing we bought at our 20 week scan when we knew we were having a girl. That’s the cute little dress in the picture below. We have popped her little vest into the box as well that her daddy bought her as he is a huge Metallica fan.
Other newborn baby clothes we have decided to pack up, and sell some bits on eBay. At least this way other mums will get some use out of them as well for their babies. These snow suit items are perfect for winter, keeping babies warm and snug.
If you have family or friends with babies at the correct age, that’s another way of clearing out your babies wardrobe. I believe it’s important to have a clear out every so often to keep that clothing cycle going around and so you don’t get over run with outgrown clothes.
It seems nowadays babies never get full wear and tare out of there clothes, they grow so fast. Another way of clearing out newborn clothes is to give them to your local charity shops. They are always glad for baby clothes.
The money we get from the clothes sales we will be putting back into her clothes pot.
These sleep suits from Next
below are gorgeous, very good quality, lots of wear still to get from them. The one thing I love about Next sleep suits is that they all have foldable covers for the tiny little hands. Perfect for night-time keeping the hands warm. They have very cute designs for baby girls. We bought some more in the next size up to use now.
This is the cutest little sun hat and dress for a newborn. Baby girl never really got to wear it due to the time of year she was born in. It’s not really for February weather!.
There is always something she needs at the minute. Mind you that’s partially my fault as I can’t resist wondering into the baby clothes department at my local supermarket. This week I happened to come across the cutest denim jacket in her 3-6 month size. I couldn’t help but buy it. My reasoning is that the weather is getting warmer so she will need to have a light jacket instead of her woolly fleecy one.
What do you do with your outgrown baby clothes?
I would love to hear your thoughts.
Hello, I hope you are having a great week so far, this weeks 7 series is on Why Babies Cry and How To Soothe Them.
Babies cry for a reason. They are looking to get your attention. Before I had baby girl I read up on lots of little bits and pieces about babies, and Reasons Why Babies Cry and How To Soothe Them was one of them.
Now as a new mum I am starting to distinguish between the different cries from baby girl. These are my findings.
7 reasons why babies cry:
- Hunger– I have found this is the most common reason why babies cry. Baby girl is breastfed and when she was first born she used to get really fussy every hour. I found out this was because her stomach was very tiny and breastmilk is easily digested. So I fed her on demand. It’s a great way of building up your milk supply too.
- They just want to – Babies sometimes cry for no reason. Baby girl did this when we brought her home for a few hours each evening before bedtime. We called this her fussy time!
- Just want to be held – Some babies just want that body contact and closeness of being held. Especially newborns.
- Tired – Babies can get over stimulated and then they cry for being over tired. Baby girl is like this when she has been on her play mat for a while.
- Nappy needs changing – Some babies don’t like the feeling of a wet nappy. Baby girl is very much like this, she fusses like crazy when she has a wet nappy. Hence an enormous amount of nappy changes! Some babies only cry if their skin gets irritated by a wet nappy.
- Too Hot or Too Cold – Babies don’t like to be hot or cold, they like a temperature in between. Roughly around 18 degrees.
- Feeling Unwell – If a baby is unwell, you will know. These cries will be different. More high pitched, urgent, continuous and could be weaker.
These a few tips on how to soothe your crying baby. Every baby is different so some of these might or might not work for you.
- Babies love sounds. They are used to being inside you hearing your heartbeat. Our baby girl loves any type of music. The sounds of vacuum cleaners and washing machines are said to soothe them as well. You can buy White Noise CD’s as well which are very calming.
- Rock your baby. They love being rocked gently back and forth, whether in your arms or a baby swing.
- Baby massage or tummy rub. Gently massage tummy in a clockwise direction, using a lotion or baby oil. I use Johnson’s Bedtime baby lotion. It smells gorgeous!.
- Babies love to suck on something. Whether it be a dummy or your breast.
- A warm Bath. Some babies love to have a bath which is very relaxing and soothing.
I hope these tips are very useful to you if you are a new mum.
If you have any other tips I would love to hear them.