We have teamed up Britmums and Vicks to share with you some of our tips on surviving the Winter kids colds season. This time of year, kids pick up every cold germ going. Baby girl had her first cold at 3 weeks old about this time last year. As new parents we were very scared at night-time. Don’t you think all kids seem to get worse at night?
The past few weeks she has had various sniffles, coughs and a runny nose. All the babies at our baby sensory class seem to have colds as well. There is no escaping!
Welcome back to 7 Hints and Tips Thursday. It’s been a while since I wrote one of these posts and today I have a really useful one for you. It’s on how you go about choosing the correct greenhouse for you.
As you know I love gardening and I have been thinking about greenhouses for a while. I have always loved to have one to grow all sorts of vegetables in it. Like Tomatoes and beans.
Hello, It’s Thursday again so here is this weeks 7 Hints and Tips post. Today I am focusing on Ways to style your Summer dress.
After having a baby 12 weeks ago I did find it hard to pose for photos as I am still carrying some baby weight. But i thought I would give it a go as Summer is just around the corner and I have some BBQ’s and family parties coming up in the Summer so I would love an alternative to the dress
I found a few weeks back.
The people at JD Williams
offered me a dress from either their maxi dress range
or just a normal summer dress from their other range. I opted for the maxi dress
I am wearing below which has a gorgeous tribal print design. The top of the dress has elasticated shirring which is perfect for new mummy’s especially if you are breastfeeding. The straps of the dress are detachable as well – an extra bonus.
Hello, I hope you are having a great week so far, this weeks 7 series is on Why Babies Cry and How To Soothe Them.
Babies cry for a reason. They are looking to get your attention. Before I had baby girl I read up on lots of little bits and pieces about babies, and Reasons Why Babies Cry and How To Soothe Them was one of them.
Now as a new mum I am starting to distinguish between the different cries from baby girl. These are my findings.
7 reasons why babies cry:
- Hunger– I have found this is the most common reason why babies cry. Baby girl is breastfed and when she was first born she used to get really fussy every hour. I found out this was because her stomach was very tiny and breastmilk is easily digested. So I fed her on demand. It’s a great way of building up your milk supply too.
- They just want to – Babies sometimes cry for no reason. Baby girl did this when we brought her home for a few hours each evening before bedtime. We called this her fussy time!
- Just want to be held – Some babies just want that body contact and closeness of being held. Especially newborns.
- Tired – Babies can get over stimulated and then they cry for being over tired. Baby girl is like this when she has been on her play mat for a while.
- Nappy needs changing – Some babies don’t like the feeling of a wet nappy. Baby girl is very much like this, she fusses like crazy when she has a wet nappy. Hence an enormous amount of nappy changes! Some babies only cry if their skin gets irritated by a wet nappy.
- Too Hot or Too Cold – Babies don’t like to be hot or cold, they like a temperature in between. Roughly around 18 degrees.
- Feeling Unwell – If a baby is unwell, you will know. These cries will be different. More high pitched, urgent, continuous and could be weaker.
These a few tips on how to soothe your crying baby. Every baby is different so some of these might or might not work for you.
- Babies love sounds. They are used to being inside you hearing your heartbeat. Our baby girl loves any type of music. The sounds of vacuum cleaners and washing machines are said to soothe them as well. You can buy White Noise CD’s as well which are very calming.
- Rock your baby. They love being rocked gently back and forth, whether in your arms or a baby swing.
- Baby massage or tummy rub. Gently massage tummy in a clockwise direction, using a lotion or baby oil. I use Johnson’s Bedtime baby lotion. It smells gorgeous!.
- Babies love to suck on something. Whether it be a dummy or your breast.
- A warm Bath. Some babies love to have a bath which is very relaxing and soothing.
I hope these tips are very useful to you if you are a new mum.
If you have any other tips I would love to hear them.
Well it’s Thursday again and I thought I would do another 7 Hints and Tips, as it’s been a while. This time it’s for using a slow cooker and some easy recipe ideas to go with it.
Earlier in the year we bought a slow cooker, and it has been a life saver with a new baby. I am sure we wouldn’t have been eating as healthy if we did not have it.
We have found we can eat so much more cheaply while using a slow cooker, great if you are on a strict food budget.