Time is short at the moment with a fussy 4 month old so I have decided to combine my monthly Roundup and Bucket List posts into one. It’s actually a bit of a brain wave for me to come up with time-saving ideas that might help!
May has been a really good blogging month for me. I started the blog everyday in May challenge. To be honest I think I was a bit optimistic in thinking I could write a blog post everyday for the month with a baby. But I have published 24 posts out of 31 so not too bad.
I hope you all have had a great month. April has had pretty poor weather, so here’s wishing May is so much more warmer!
I have had a fantastic blogging month for April which you can read about next week in my April Roundup post. My followers have increased lots, so thank you to all of you for taking the time to follow me, and read about my ramblings on!
Here are my lists of statistics and things I need to do for the month of May:
Books to Read and Review:
1) Six Tudor Queens by Alison Weir
2) Let There Be Linda by Rich Leder
3) Geek Girl by Holly Smale
4) Finding Home by Lauren Westwood
5) Last Rituals by Yrsa Sigurdardottir and Bernard Scudder
Increase Social Media Followers
My Current numbers from April are:
Twitter 2258 (+262)
Facebook 244 (+11)
Instagram 283 (+4)
Pinterest 241 (+3)
So I have increased followers on all areas if only by a little! Twitter is my favourite so I am on there practically each hour of the day! My Aim for next month is to work on the other areas one at a time. I think the hardest is Facebook.
Blog Statistics for April
Page Views 2259 (+670)
Unique Monthly Users 811 (+132)
Posts Published 28
Blog Domain Authority (DA) 21
- As always I look forward to the challenge of increasing my blog page views. I believe in commenting lots, on other blogs bringing backlinks to yours. So I’m going to make a special effort in joining lots of blog linkies and commenting.
- I am having a new blog header and a badge created because I’m not happy with my attempts. This is something I am very excited about! Watch this space!
- I need to look at adding my own social media buttons instead of using that ghastly plug in which I am not keen on.
- Arrange another blog competition.
- I am joining the Blog Everyday in May Challenge (BEDM) as well. I did it last year and only missed out 2 days which was really great considering I was suffering from horrendous morning sickness. Lets see how far I get this year with a 3 month old!
I hope you all have a great month and a Happy Bank Holiday!
This is going to be my first ever bucket list post. I keep a blogging planner/journal jotting down plans for posts, books I need to read and review, social media stats and site visit numbers, so I thought why not bring everything together and write a post on my aims for the coming month.
Books to read and review
1) Unwanted Truths by Tricia Haddon
2) The Reflections of Queen Snow White by David Meredith
3) When She Was Bad by Tammy Cohen
Increase social media followers
My current numbers from March are:
I have always used Twitter the most so lots of room for improvement on the other channels.
Blog statistics for March
Site views 1589
Blog visitors 679
Posts published 12
Blog Domain Authority (DA) 21
My site views for March were fantastic for my little blog due to running my 1st Blogiversary giveaway.
My aim is to run at least one competition a month to try and encourage new readers to come and visit.
Carry on improving the layout of my blog – I have started arranging the pages at the top of my blog but need to carry on with further tabs to make it easier to navigate around the different subjects.
To try and leave the house more! – hard with a newborn, takes forever to get ready in the mornings!
I hope you all have a good month and the weather continues to improve!