I would love all my readers to consider me for the BiB Award in the Fresh Voice category. I have worked pretty hard over the last year to get it to where I would like it to be. Although there is lots more work to be done!
Entry to this competition confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Find more competitions here:
- Posts- Write high quality posts that will engage your readers. I have found the more I write the better a writer I have become. Don’t forget to reply to any comments on your posts – it’s polite to do so.
- Promote Others Content-Find similar blogs/websites to your own and retweet/comment on it. Connect with influential bloggers, you may find them retweeting one of your posts to their many thousands of followers.
- Daily Action Plans- Use tools like Buffer and Hootsuite to schedule your post tweets throughout the day. I schedule 10 tweets throughout the day, mainly that day’s post and a few of my other recent posts.
- Join Other Blog Linkies- One of my favourite parts of blogging is to link up to other blog linkies. It’s how I have discovered some of my favourite blogs. I try to link up with at least 3 a week.
My favourites are:
#MySundayPhoto from Photalife on a Sunday.
- Share Posts on Social Media- After each post is published I like to share them on lots of social media sites such as Twitter, my Facebook page, Instagram, Google + Pinterest. Twitter and Instagram are my favourites and where I get the most interaction. The others I need to work on!
- Social Media Buttons- I recommend including social media buttons that are easily accessible to the reader. These are very quick for the reader to share your posts or to follow you building your audience. This is one of my plans for my blog – to add social media buttons to one easy place.
- Run Competitions- I found out last year that running competitions are great ways to build up your blog views. There are lots of compers out there that will add your competition to sites such as The Prize Finder and Competition Database where lots more readers can find your blog. If you run regular competitions you will get the same readers returning time after time.
It feels like I’ve been pregnant for ever. I know I will miss her little kicks and punches when she leaves my tummy but having her in my arms is something I’m looking forward to very much as we have been trying for two and a half years for her. So it has been such a long waiting game for us but the end is in sight very soon.
While I was catching up with some reading on one of my favourite blogs thereadingresidence I found out that they are doing a #BringBackPaper pledge. Which I think is a fantastic idea as these days everything is very much electronic. With Ipads, smart phones, ereading devices and even smart watches! Don’t get me wrong there is nothing wrong with electrical devices I have a few of them myself, but I love going back to just a paper and pencil, or holding a paperback in my hand.
So my #BringBackPaper pledge is to carry on using my paper blog planner for the rest of the year and recording my blog development progress and ideas as she hopefully grows throughout the year. Oh and to keep up with my reading of course!