**This post may contain affiliate links.
I know it’s not quite Christmas yet, so New Year’s Eve may still seem a while away. But in fact its less than 2 weeks away!
A lot of people celebrate seeing the New Year in with fireworks. But are you aware of the dangers associated with fireworks?
The NCC Home Learning website has produced a quiz to help you sharpen up on your firework home safety skills. I have tried it and only got half right! It really is helpful to take and know your dangers.
I have learnt from taking the quiz that 3 sparklers burnt together at the same time is as hot as a blow torch, isn’t that crazy? Most firework accidents are caused by sparklers, this is something I honestly didn’t know.
Fireworks can be very dangerous is not used or stored correctly. If you are planning a garden display this New Year’s Eve for your family and friends please bear in mind some safety guidelines.
- Store the fireworks in a cool, dry place away from children and pets before you plan to use them. Never store under the stairs.
- Think head and be prepared. Where will you keep the box of fireworks while the display is going on?
- Don’t wear loose-fitting clothes.
- Only have one person in charge of lighting the fireworks. Don’t light them all at once and don’t be in a rush.
- Light the fireworks at arm’s length using the safety wick supplied and if it doesn’t go off, don’t go back to it. Leave it alone.
So if you are planning a New Year’s Eve party, please sharpen up your safety skills with the quiz and be mindful of the dangers around you.
Happy New Year!
*This is a collaborative post