I thought I would write a little post on what to keep in your babies changing bag. I really didn’t have a clue to start with. There is lots of information out there on what to pack in your babies bag for the hospital and your own bag, but what do you take with you when you are out and about with a newborn?
I am sure that every mum’s changing bag is slightly different but the basics will be the same.
Here is what I include in mine:
- 8 nappies
- Baby wipes
- Small pot of Sudocream ( you don’t want to be carrying around a big pot – unnecessary weight!)
- Changing Mat
- Nappy sacks ( useful for lots of other things as well as for smelly nappies – now they charge for carrier bags in most places these are ideal for carrying small bits in. I bought a little plant the other day and the bottom was earthy so just placed it in a clean nappy sack so not to get earth over the car!)
- A change of clothes – I prefer to put in a sleep suit and a vest.
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer
- Spare breast pads
- Muslin cloth
- Scratch mits
- Mummy snacks – because I’m breast feeding I get hungry all the time! More than when I was pregnant!
I would love to hear your ideas on what you keep in your baby changing bag.
Is there anything I am missing?
Baby girl and me.
Wishing you and your families a very Happy Easter, don’t eat too much chocolate!
I would love all my readers to consider me for the BiB Award in the Fresh Voice category. I have worked pretty hard over the last year to get it to where I would like it to be. Although there is lots more work to be done!
All votes are much apprecited, Thankyou.
The link to the nomination form is HERE
My Twitter handle is @RachelBustin which you need for the form. xx
Before I had baby girl I felt really overwhelmed over lots of little things like what nappies or baby wipes should I buy and use on a newborn. Standing in the baby aisle at the supermarket was mind-boggling. There are lots of different brands of baby wipes and then there are the different kinds as well – scented or unscented? I really wanted to buy the correct baby wipes so as not to affect baby girl’s delicate skin. I also had been reading about just using cotton wool and water, so as a first time mum there is lots of different options out there, it’s just finding the right one for you.
This week my husband had a week off from work, so with baby girl in tow we made an effort to get out everyday this week while the weather was pretty good. In fact Wednesday when we went down to St Michael’s Mount was actually the cloudiest day. The rest of the week has been cold but sunny.
How has your week been?