I thought I would write a little post on what to keep in your babies changing bag. I really didn’t have a clue to start with. There is lots of information out there on what to pack in your babies bag for the hospital and your own bag, but what do you take with you when you are out and about with a newborn?
I am sure that every mum’s changing bag is slightly different but the basics will be the same.
Here is what I include in mine:
- 8 nappies
- Baby wipes
- Small pot of Sudocream ( you don’t want to be carrying around a big pot – unnecessary weight!)
- Changing Mat
- Nappy sacks ( useful for lots of other things as well as for smelly nappies – now they charge for carrier bags in most places these are ideal for carrying small bits in. I bought a little plant the other day and the bottom was earthy so just placed it in a clean nappy sack so not to get earth over the car!)
- A change of clothes – I prefer to put in a sleep suit and a vest.
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer
- Spare breast pads
- Muslin cloth
- Scratch mits
- Mummy snacks – because I’m breast feeding I get hungry all the time! More than when I was pregnant!
I would love to hear your ideas on what you keep in your baby changing bag.
Is there anything I am missing?