The idea behind #RockingMotherhood is for you to write down 10 things on how you rock being a mum.
Not sure why but I’m finding it hard to complete. Maybe it’s because I’ve always been my own worst enemy when it comes to critiquing myself. Plus I’ve always had the attitude that you can always do better. I apply this to my blog also. I know I can do better, be a better blogger, be a better wife so naturally I can be a better mother as well.
Anyway so after much thought here are my 10 things on how I’m #RockingMotherhood:
- I feel so proud of myself that I’m still breastfeeding baby girl after nearly a year. At first I gave myself milestones, you know ones like, I will aim for 6 months. Then when I went back to work in October I thought right, I can still work and breastfeed. So my next aim was to get to 12 months, which is here in a couple of weeks. I’m now more relaxed and will stop when baby girl is ready.
- I’m very much an organised mum. As I start work at 7 am a couple of mornings a week I must have baby girl and myself up and at my mums for 6:15am. I achieve this by doing everything the night before. I get her breakfast things and packed lunch ready, clothes laid out and changing bag sorted. Not forgetting my work uniform and packed lunch too!
- My husband and I are fairly laid back people. I’m sure this has had an effect on baby girl who is a very happy baby. She’s very much laid back like us. Well she was 2 weeks overdue and had no intention of moving out of my belly!
- I love taking her to baby sensory classes where she mixes with other babies her age, learning her social skills.
- I make sure she settles and goes to bed at the same time each night to get her into her routine. She loves to know what’s coming next. I stay with her until she falls asleep.
- I have laid beside her and gone to bed at 6:30pm before, when she had teething problems.
- My husband and I don’t believe in letting her carry on crying. Babies cry for a reason. So when baby girl gets upset one of us is always there to comfort her and give her a cuddle. I believe by doing this since she was born has led to a very happy baby.
- She always eats a healthy diet and loves the tomato, red pepper and ricotta sauce I make to go with her spaghetti.
- We spend fortune on clothes for her as she grows so fast, but we love selling her old ones and using the money to buy her new ones!
- Most of all, we love to play and read books together. The afternoons when I’m not working is our special time.
These are all my reasons why I’m #RockingMotherhood. I’m feeling a bit tired as I’m writing this so I’m sure I have missed something out!
This is normally where I would nominate other mummy bloggers to share their 10 reasons, but I’m so late doing mine I bet everyone has done theres! So I nominate anyone who stops by!
What are your things on how you are #RockingMotherhood?
As always I love to read your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by.