Word of the Week 15/04/2016 – Dentist

This week’s Word of the Week is Dentist.
Word of the Week 15/04/2016 - Dentist

Yesterday I had to go to the dentist for prep work for a crown. I hate the dentist and can truly say now that its worse than having a c-section. I was probably being a bit naive but I didn’t know what prep work was involved with having a crown. I have never had one before. Even though my husband is a dental practise manager it never occurred to me to ask him what a crown is.

I could not believe they grounded my tooth away! It was horrible. I can see why now I hate the dentist.
To make things worse I had been thinking about it all week as this was the first time I was leaving baby girl with my parents.
Thankfully I got to my appointment early and they had me in straight away. This meant I was only away from baby girl for an hour. Which was long enough for the first time. When I got back to my parents baby girl was fast asleep on my mum, she was no trouble at all.
I hope you have all had a good week.
The Reading Residence

6 Comments

1. April 21, 2016 / 6:16 pm

I'm not a fan either – I'm going on monday for a replacement filling- eek! – it takes me ages to get the courage up to go, and i have to mentally prepare for what's going to happen so none of this springing treatment on me πŸ™‚ #wotw

2. April 15, 2016 / 5:57 pm

I hate the dentists too…Eek!
    Aww! It's so hard leaving your baby for the first time. Well done x

3. April 15, 2016 / 1:44 pm

Hi Rachel, I've had good and bad experiences with dentists and the one I use now I love. She is so gentle, even when I had a root canal treatment and a crown fitted she never hurt me once. She is also the first dentist I've ever seen that isn't itching to extract my wisdom teeth (which have never really surfaced properly), I'd like to remain as wise as I can for a little bit longer.

It's never nice having to leave little ones, at least she was safe and happy.

xx

4. April 15, 2016 / 1:36 pm

Oh, that sounds horrible! I've not had that done, but I don't like going to the dentists anyway. Hope the rest of the work goes well x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

5. April 15, 2016 / 11:34 am

oh bless you missing your little girl x I've had two crowns and yes they are pretty awful, but so much better once they are done. I went to the dentist this week too, just for a check up, my partner wheeled me all the way there in my wheelchair only to find that my appointment is the same date next month…ooops!

6. April 15, 2016 / 10:44 am

Dental scaling and polishing is a huge and painful chore for me and I can only imagine what yours went like. I dread dental appointments!

I mentioned earlier on a mummy blog…mummys are worriers, it's in our DNA but I guess that is waht makes us who we are. I bet lil princess was not even aware mummy was gone for 10 minutes!

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

Blessings,