A visit to our new Caffe Nero on Lemon Quay

We have been going to our local Caffe Nero on Boscowen Street in Truro every Saturday morning for a while now. Unlike Costa the staff are a lot more friendly and will have a chat with you no matter how long the queues are.
But this branch of Caffe Nero is beginning to get a bit tired and is not very pram friendly – must consider this now we have baby girl! It’s hard to manoeuvre the pram between the tables without giving some poor old chap a knock spilling his coffee!
Anyway they have opened up a new branch just a few weeks ago a couple of streets away from the old one on Lemon Quay. We have asked and they are keeping both coffee shops open. The new one is right opposite a huge Primark that is due to open in October, a perfect spot for business it seems!

This new branch of Caffe Nero has been designed just amazingly. The decor inside has that perfect relaxing feel, and with a wide entrance door and a great layout of the tables and chairs inside it’s very pram or wheelchair friendly.
They have an enormous book shelf on the back wall filled with all sorts of wonderful books you can read whilst have a coffee or tea -with cake of course!
They have lots of bright sparkly hanging lights as you can tell from the photos!

I love the idea of this long table and chairs – great for larger families or groups of people out for coffee and cake. I must mention the floor tiles they have put in, they are very pretty and give it a homely feeling.

I just love all the different tables and chairs they have used. This one above is my favourite it’s very pretty and makes you feel quite posh sitting in it.
I have to end the review with showing you a picture of the great big scrumptious hot chocolate I always have when I visit Caffe Nero and a toasted panatone with jam – sorry I ate that before I realised I didn’t take a photo of it!
My only disappointment was that my husband came back to the table with the hot chocolate and it didn’t have any marshmallows on it, but I will let them off this time as they had a lovely new barista in training.
My husband had the pain au raisin and the latte with sprinkles.

Overall I would give the new Caffe Nero on Lemon Quay in Truro a 4 out of 5. I couldn’t give it a 5 out of 5 due to the missing marshmallows – sorry they mean a lot to a sleep deprived new mummy!
It gets a 5 out of 5 for the stunning interior design though. A very chilled out relaxing space- perfect for a wet Saturday!

Happy Saturday!

Petite Pudding

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

12 Comments

1. April 25, 2016 / 8:29 pm

Ohh I need to go there! I can't wait for the primark to open!!

2. April 15, 2016 / 6:13 pm

Ooò pretty and room for a pushchair how fantastic! The hot chocolate looks so scrumptious.xx #KCACOLS

3. April 11, 2016 / 12:04 pm

oh doesn't that hot chocolate look nice! I prefer mine without marshmallows as I am a vegetarian #KCACOLS

4. April 11, 2016 / 11:19 am

Oh that looks like a fab cafe Nero! The latte alone is worth it for a visit! #KCACOLS

5. April 10, 2016 / 8:32 pm

Looks like a lovely place to have a coffee! Very plush! #KCACOLS

6. April 10, 2016 / 7:54 pm

I'm with you on the marshmallow front – it's just not the same without them! Café Nero is my favourite of the high street coffee shop chains and this looks like a lovely one #KCACOLS

7. April 10, 2016 / 12:44 pm

I love coffee shops like this, a perfect chance to rest and enjoy a delicious drink. (You need the marshmallows next time though!). Also love that they have a bookshelf.
    Amanda. #kcacols

8. April 10, 2016 / 10:55 am

I love Cafe Nero and this one looks fab – it makes such a difference having space to maneuver the pushchair! 🙂

Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday x

9. April 9, 2016 / 11:42 pm

Those drinks look so lovely! I think I'm going to get my husband to go make me a nice drink! x #KCACOLS
    kaylaloves.com

10. April 9, 2016 / 10:14 pm

It looks lovely. I have seriously never been into a caffe nero ever! I was always a starbucks girl but it's been a while since I've been there either! Oh, and every hot chocolate needs marshmallows! #kcacols

11. April 9, 2016 / 9:45 pm

Looks like a great place. Given half an excuse, I would be there every Saturday. I love the chair with the flowers on. I reckon it would go very well in my sitting room. #KCACOLS

12. April 9, 2016 / 6:35 pm

Looks like a lovely place to sit quietly with your new little one and watch the world go by. Hopefully they will remember the marshmallows next time! #PuddingLove