7 Hints and Tips on Ways to Style your Summer Dress

Hello, It’s Thursday again so here is this weeks 7 Hints and Tips post. Today I am focusing on Ways to style your Summer dress.
After having a baby 12 weeks ago I did find it hard to pose for photos as I am still carrying some baby weight. But i thought I would give it a go as Summer is just around the corner and I have some BBQ’s and family parties coming up in the Summer so I would love an alternative to the dress I found a few weeks back.
The people at JD Williams offered me a dress from either their maxi dress range or just a normal summer dress from their other range. I opted for the maxi dress I am wearing below which has a gorgeous tribal print design. The top of the dress has elasticated shirring which is perfect for new mummy’s especially if you are breastfeeding. The straps of the dress are detachable as well – an extra bonus.
Summer-dress-style-maxidress

Now on to my tips for styling your Summer dresses. My tips are based around styling a maxi dress, but they can be adapted for a normal Summer dress

7 Hints and Tips on Styling your Summer Dress

• Denim Jacket – You could add a denim jacket to your maxi dress for slightly colder days and evenings.

Western-Style Denim Jacket
This jacket from JD Williams is £30.00

• Cardigan – A lighter cardigan is perfect for just adding that something extra to your outfit. Team up with sunglasses to finish the look.
Edge to Edge Cardigan
£26.00 from JD Williams.

This cardigan in an Oyster colour is great to add to the maxi dress I’m wearing below.
summer-dress-style-fashion
  • Flat Sandals – Flats are always great with maxi dresses. You don’t have to worry about falling over in heels. They are comfy and fantastic for hot Summer days.
Sole Diva Jewelled Sandals D Fit
Jewelled Sandals £35.00 from JD Williams
  • Sunglasses – A must need to protect your eyes from the sun. Great fashion accessory as well!
Lipsy Tortoiseshell Sunglasses
Lipsy Tortoiseshell sunglasses £23.00 from JD Williams
  • Oversized Floppy hat – A large hat is great for the beach keeping the sun off your face. Great for holiday’s.

Contrast Trim Floppy Hat
Contrast trim floppy hat £20.00 from JD Williams

• Statement necklaces – Stand out with a beautiful chunky necklace. Perfect for going out in the evenings to dress up your maxi dress.

Mood Chunky beaded tribal necklace
Chunky Beaded Tribal Necklace £14.00 from JD Williams

• Oversized Bag –  An oversized bag is the perfect accompaniment to a maxi dress for the Summer. Carrying all your essentials such as suncream, books and if a mummy like me, babywipes and nappies!

Straw Beach Bag with Scarf
Straw beach bag and scarf £30.00 from JD Williams

So there you have my 7 tips on styling your Summer dress.  Thanks to JD Williams for supplying the maxi dress. All the above items chosen to go with the dress are of my own opinion.

coastal view with text 7 tips on styling your summer dress

How would you style yours?

I would love to hear your thoughts.
 Petite Pudding

themumproject

A Cornish Mum
Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

24 Comments

1. Margaret Gallagher
    September 15, 2016 / 12:06 pm

It maybe autumn now but I’m still loving these styles especially as the weather is great

2. May 23, 2016 / 7:29 pm

Some brilliant tips, I'm definitely stuck in a rut since having my son so will be trying some of these out X

3. May 19, 2016 / 6:44 pm

I love a maxi dress but slight problem as I'm a shortass so they don't always fit very well…unless I pretend that the train behind me was part of the look! But I don't go anywhere without my long cardigan these days, a real must have for me too. You look absolutely gorgeous in the dress, great styling tips xx #KCACOLS #triballove

4. May 18, 2016 / 6:47 pm

I am not one for maxi dresses if i am honest, it does look pretty and i have seen some other gorgeous ones but i find they get tangled between my legs when i walk lol! I prefer jumpsuits. I do love the denim jacket and sandals though! Roll on summer yay! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday x

5. May 18, 2016 / 10:37 am

Oh I love love love the maxi dress! Will have to get one these, perfect because I still feel a little self conscious 5 months later after having baby. : ) Thanks for linking up with #StayClassy!

6. May 17, 2016 / 8:50 pm

Some great tips there – I love that cardi it looks fab, but I think I may have to treat myself to a denim jacket this year. You look fab in that dress just 12 weeks after having your little one 🙂 Always a pleasure to have you join us for #PuddingLove

7. May 17, 2016 / 8:44 pm

I lurve flat sandals and floppy hats 🙂 You can't go wrong with them… unless it's raining 😉 #picknmix

8. May 17, 2016 / 6:42 am

It really suits you and looks lovely! Thanks for linking up to #Picknmix
    Stevie xx

9. May 17, 2016 / 6:42 am

It really suits you and looks lovely! Thanks for linking up to #Picknmix
    Stevie xx

10. May 16, 2016 / 5:49 pm

Fab! I love the dress and denim jackets are a fave of mine on those chilly evenings.

mainy – myrealfairy

#KCACOLS

11. May 15, 2016 / 7:56 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! Grab everything listed here, and you're ready for a day at the beach! These tips definitely scream summer to me(: Thanks for sharing #KCACOLS

12. May 15, 2016 / 6:30 pm

Some really great ideas here – I love that Cardigan! You've made me realise that I really need to get an new maxi dress this year – I love how comfy and versatile they are x #KCACOLS

13. May 15, 2016 / 3:55 pm

I've just bought a new summer dress and have been wondering what to wear with it – love the straw hat and bag idea! You look fab by the way x #KCACOLS

14. May 15, 2016 / 6:48 am

Gorgeous dress – roll on summer just for the fashion! xx #KCACOLS

15. May 14, 2016 / 10:52 pm

I do like a maxi dress and a denim jacket #KCACOLS

16. May 14, 2016 / 9:46 pm

Lovely dress, and loving the sunglasses. I realised today that all the parcels that have been delivered recently have been clothes for my baby girl – whereas I used to have Asos deliveries all the time! Your post has reminded me to get shopping…now where's my credit card 😉 #KCACOLS

17. May 13, 2016 / 8:27 am

Lovely post! I love the dress, I need to get myself a couple of maxi dresses for the summer! I love that they go with a jacket or a cardigan 🙂 Those sun glasses are lush!! xx
    (Pic N Mix linky)

18. May 12, 2016 / 4:58 pm

totally gorge! Love the little denim jacket, the sunnies and the hat – who said being a mum couldn't be cool – love it and fab photos too #stayclassy