These are the photos I took while making my Christmas Cake. Cannot wait to tuck into it tomorrow!
I wish all my fantastic readers a very Merry Christmas!
Well I have just discovered that today is Chocolate Day! One of my new favourite days, I think. This is a picture of some gorgeous chocolate cupcakes that I made yesterday. I can’t wait to tuck into them!
I have always been a huge chocolate lover ( which you can probably tell by now! ) My favourite chocolate bar is a dark chocolate Bounty, which are actually hard to come by here in Cornwall. The best chance of finding one is normally at petrol stations.
I would love to hear about all your favourite chocolate bars, are you a milk or dark chocolate lover?
A selection of desserts from an amazing all you can eat buffet. From Green tea cheesecake, to Carrot Cake, Double Chocolate Brownie, and Strawberry Mousse.
I have done quite a few scenery photos for #MySundayPhoto recently so I thought this week I would try something thing different and go with food. This is a lovely fresh but really hot madras curry. It was amazing!
I won these beautiful boxes of asparagus with @GrownWithLove
on Twitter last week. It might sound strange to some of you, but I have never tried asparagus before so this is an ideal chance for me to discover what it’s all about. They look very beautiful and fresh.
I have been reading up on what asparagus actually is and how can it benefit you.
Apparently asparagus is a spring vegetable and only the young shoots are eaten before the buds start to open otherwise they turn woody.
Asparagus is very low in calories and low in sodium. It contains lots of vitamins and minerals like calcium, zinc, vitamin C and vitamin E.
Here are 7 Hints and Tips on what you can do with asparagus and would like to try out for myself:
- Grilled asparagus with dill butter and a sprinkling of Parmesan – perfect for a side vegetable dish with fish.
- Asparagus risotto
- Cornish Mackerel with asparagus and grapefuit
- The classic poached egg on roasted asparagus with chorizo – perfect for a starter.
- Salmon and asparagus terrine – ideal for a nibble on some oat cakes
- Asparagus smoothies with spinach, apple and melon – a great refreshing snack after a work out
- Fresh asparagus soup with a light seasoning of salt and black pepper – superb for a light spring lunch with some crusty white bread
What are your favourite asparagus recipes? I would love to hear all about them.
I hope you have enjoyed this post. To keep up to date with more like this you can follow me on Bloglovin Twitter